Sunday, March 10, 2013

Coffee thoughts....

I'm sitting here drinking a cup of coffee, watching an old episode of Alfred Hitchcock. I am happily thinking that in 9 months from now we will be back on our old old home in north texas, where the garage sales are plentiful and vintage items numerous. We have been renting in the far west texas desert for the past year  as my roommate finished his thesis. There is really nothing out here... no auctions, very few garage sales and the thrift store is pretty much 1980s and 1990s junk. I am very appreciative of the few small finds that I have come across. I am counting the days. 9 months and I will be back in my 1950s home with its original hardwood floors, gas range, crown molding and vintage rose garden. I miss sushi, rain, Megan and even Walmart (sorry Megan, didn't mean to put your name in the same sentence as Walmart).  I guess you really don't appreciate what you have until its far far away. Thank goodness I only rented our old house out instead of selling. I can't wait to be home again...

2 comments:

  1. Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I can relate, when I just go to work I hate to leave! Glad you'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete