Saturday, January 12, 2013

Lustre-Creme. If it was good enough for the stars of the '50s then its good enough for me

If you google Lustre Creme, there is no shortage of 1950's ads featuring Hollywood stars boasting about how this shampoo makes their hair beautiful. I actually found a store that still manufactures and sells it. I am not sure how close it is to the original product, but it does have a nice clean smell. My order came in today and they are having a 2 for the price of 1 special. So here is to hoping that it gives me Hollywood hair. After all, 4 out of 5 former top movie stars used it! The ads say so, so it must be true!
Update- Just used it and a little goes a long way. I have short hair, and about a dime size makes a lot of foamy lather. The smell is great and the first rinse leaves your hair squeaky clean! I love it!! It has a wonderful clean smell... not the apply fruity stuff of today. I can only explain it as a vintage clean smell.

5 comments:

  1. The packaging is still super nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Lustre-Creme back in the day. I'll have to buy some. Thanks for telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info! I have seen a lot of Lustre-Creme ads lately and I just figured it no longer existed. Now that you have informed us it's still available I will look into it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are crazy! Hey, the store you got this from... they wouldnt happen to sell Breelcream would they? I'm playing "Doody" in a production of Grease starting Feb 8 - March and "now a days" hair jell is NOT cutting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no they don't sell Brylcreem, but walmart does.

      Delete