Sunday, November 13, 2011

Good-bye crappy year, hello Heywood Wakefield

I haven't been blogging much this year... because the year has really sucked! In the 36 years I have been on this earth, it has been pretty much smooth sailing and the good life! Well this year was a year where a family member was lost. My Dear Friend Megan has luckily moved 2 streets over into her own little house of vintage goodness. Its a blessing to have someone so awesome so close. I also going to start treating myself to some not-so-shabby vintage goodness. What luck, yesterday my neighbor was having a garage sale. Megan bought up all the vintage prizes, but left a Heywood Wakefield china cabinet alone. So I SNAGGED IT! I have never had a HW, and am very excited about the condition of this one. Its great, and looks great with my parents Blue Heaven china! I think I may have to search for more, it appears to be built quite well, and I love the date stamp on the back from 1952. I needed a new one.
Thanks for the message, Mick. I am back in the groove again! I am looking forward to a new year.

6 comments:

  1. welcome back!!

    lovely piece..i need to own one soon ::)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back and in the mid-century groove again! Nice purchase. Your Blue Heaven really looks good in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite aunt always said that everyone has A Year - the one where you do the entire top tier of that chart that rates stressful life events. So now you have that year behind you! And I can't think of a better way to celebrate than with such a gorgeous piece of HeyWake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well welcome back! Now you have a clean slate to start from. Make it whatever you want! The hutch is fab. I love the displayed dishes, so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOOOOOVE IT! I've never seen dark H.W. and here's to new beginnings! If you get a chance you and Meg should come up and see us at the Casablanca!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome. And cool that you didn't have to move it far! LOL

    ReplyDelete