Sunday, November 20, 2011

Favorite reproductions - Crosley record player

Sometimes ya just got to get a reproduction. For years I have been on the lookout for a working 1950s LP record player that could also play 45's. Never found one. So about a month ago I decided it was time to throw in the towel and get a reproduction. My inspiration? I wanted to be able to acquire and play my favorite Christmas record of all time - Phil Spector's "A Christmas Gift for You". If you've never heard this album, I think you can hear it on youtube. Its 50's / 60's Christmas awesomeness. Anywhoooo, I got a turqouise Crosley player from Urban Outfitters. Its wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL. I also got a reproduction 2009 pressing of the Phil Spector Christmas album (but it displays the original picture on the cover). The sound is great, and I take comfort in knowing I can get a replacement needle if needed. 3 Holiday Cheers for much needed and useful reproductions! Thanks Megan for the direction!









4 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I can see why you're so thrilled.

    I agree with you completely that repros can be a good choice. If it's something that's prohibitively expensive, is going to take a lot of use, or if you just want the look of the real thing till you can find one you can afford, I think that's the way to go. I just bought a repro George Nelson clock as a "place holder" till I find one I can afford.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you really like it? I mean I have 2 "bad boy" players from the 60's but im always looking for another lol. the only time i've delt with Crosly was with the "Stac-O-Matic" from Hell.( but I think it was my fault getting a cheap one off of ebay) Love that Album too! I always display my "Merry Christmas from Bing" and a couple others on the coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love that record player! I've been really tempted to buy the Bush reproduction retro look radio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i bought a crosley radio recently...the repro of bluebird...love ur player!!

    ReplyDelete