Monday, March 28, 2011

MCM swag clock. I love you.


I swear the last 3 estate sales I have been to, I have showed up on the last day when the prices were slashed to find that the stuff I wanted was still there. I find this happens on a lot of mid century or 50's pieces - the sellers see the potential value, they mark them up, and therefore no one buys them until the last day when things are marked down. In my neck of the woods, when an estate sale company is running the show, most of them won't even look at you if you try to haggle price. Luckily this one did. I got this beautiful hanging clock. I love it. I love how it lights up. You can see by the pics throughout my blog that our house is a mix of 1950's, and MCM. This clock fits in well with our little mix of styles. I love it above the 50's Kroehler furniture.
this was my only find this weekend (other than an extension cord). Hope everyone had a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. WOW amazing find, I haven't seen a clock like this before! MCM items always get cleared out here, even on the first day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...that's gorgeous! What a great find! The last few estate sales I've been to were complete wash outs. I need to start following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is STUNNING! I have never seen anything like that before either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a find! Fantastic! I've been too busy with work, but you are inspiring me to get back out there at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks like it was made for that corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MOST AMAZING CLOCK EVER!!! That is a crown jewel in your collection. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what to say other than that clock ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete