Friday, March 4, 2011

Today's fun find, 1940's patio chair

I needed a day off from work. Its been real stressful. What better way to relax then to hit some estate sales. This morning I picked up this ultra-rusty vintage patio chair. I absolutely love old patio chairs. They are so easy to bring back to life. Megan was with me, and so we used today's great cool weather to do some good old fashioned restoration. I got to work on my chair, and Megan got to work on her old Cosco work table.

















It looks like this chair had two previous colors, a jadeite green, and then a forest green. Coincidentally, I got the almost identical jadeite color from Walmart. This is my favorite "vintage" spray paint color. I did some major scrubbin' with a few steel wool pads to smooth out the old paint and rust. And a few hours later.... a beautify of a chair! Megan's table turned out super duper as well!












8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful transformation! You did a great job restoring the chair, and the table is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a wonderful transformation..cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent restoration work, I wish I was handy like that... one problem is that I lack an outdoor area to do projects.

    Love the paint colours both of you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that chair I would love to have that in my garden furniture set

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- I have plenty of rusty old chairs. Now that I know this result is possible I will have to get to work. Well, as soon as we get a day in the 40s or 50s?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the spray paint company's should be catchin' on to the vintage junk collecting sector, we are really keepin' them in business! I have done a few spray paint projects lately too. Yours turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chair turned out really good and of course you picked the right color


    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work! I espeically love the table and the color you choose! Doesn't Wal-mart have the coolest retro colors? I'm seriously droolin' over that table!

    ReplyDelete