Saturday, February 5, 2011

Vintage cards with my favorite card


Its been yet another crazy winter in north Texas. Another week of ice, lots of snow, electric blackouts and 10 degree temperatures. Today was the first day the roads were drivable and I could not wait for some good old vintage fun. My favorite card of them all, Megan came over and we do like we always do, sit, talk, play cards, and use only vintage things. Tonight's setup (in the picture) was a friendly game of gin rummy with classic finger sandwiches, lemon cake (I ate half of it) and hot tea. Let me tell you those vintage Pyrex carafes with the candle cradles are one of the best inventions ever. They keep hot water hot for a pretty long time. It was a great time as always, a nice change from being snowed in for a week.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't realize until today that we're neighbors. I'm in Fort Worth, and I've had cabin fever too. Maybe we'll run into each other someday when we're out and about doing our vintage thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun, and I love those plates! What are they called?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spy a blue heaven sugar bowl, I have one too! I love your little set up it looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your vintage vibe! I'm slowly building a collection myself. My grandmother really helped! Love your 'vintage only' card game!

    I would have eaten half the cake too, looks awesome.

    Emilie
    liveeatsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete