Thursday, February 10, 2011

some vintage reading


When I get bored I like to search the net for pictures of abandoned buildings. I love the occasional abandoned piece of furniture and other odd old finds that are left behind. Anyways, while looking at pictures of an old abandoned insane asylum in New York, I saw that a former patient authored a book back in 1949. Readers had some good stuff to say, and so I bought it for 50 cents on Amazon. I am so hooked on this book now! It's about life in that hospital through the eyes of the author back in the 1940s. Crazy stuff. If you like old books, this is a good one. The Snake Pit by Mary Jane Ward.

4 comments:

  1. This is the second time today I have seen this old title pop up so I'm definitely checking it out--thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In 1948 (the year I was born), a movie was made from the book. It starred Olivia de Havilland, and I remember seeing it when I was a kid. All these years later, memories of that movie still haunt me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could be eligible to receive a $1,000 Amazon Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete