Monday, January 3, 2011

bathroom redo finished! I'm so tired.

First off, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! December was a heck of a month. Even though I had half of the month off for vacation, It was the most stressful month of the year. I have a month's worth of y'alls blogs to catch up on. The guest bathroom redo was complete the day before Christmas Eve (the day before I had a house full of family). Phew! I got some awesome vintage gifts from Megan this year. In the picture, checkout the lamp and turquoise pyrex / carrier. I have wanted a lamp like this for a year now. I bought one on ebay this summer, but it arrived in 50 broken pieces. Megan found this almost exact one in a chartreuse color. I love it!


The guest bath looks awesome and was well worth the work involved. The total cost to remove all the floor and wall tiling and replace it with subway tile / vintage hexagon tile was still less expensive than having the contractor strip and re-paint the original tile. Tommy took it upon himself to remove the upper cabinet doors and line them with bead-board. It turned out amazing. We just need to find some vintage bottles to showcase on the shelves.


In this pic you can see the wall subway tile and floor hexagon tile. All bought for a very good price at HD. The floor was extremely hard to do because we chose to lay the tile diagonally instead of straight lines. this helped give a more vintage look, and helped to hide any imperfections that would be seen if I had not lined up the black dots in perfect lines. Also, the shower now has a curved shower rod. I HIGHLY recommend these, they add so much more elbow room in the shower.


Once again, Merry Christmas to all. Can someone please help me take these decorations down now? I'm worn out from last month...

10 comments:

  1. Wow the bathroom is GoRgEoUs!!
    Just leave the decorations up till Jan 2012
    LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really nice! But stay away from my vintage bottles!!! :)

    Actually, the bottles would look great there - a great pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bathroom looks fantastic! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year to you. The bathroom looks great well done. But i have to say my eye was on your red record player trying to see if it was a dansette or not? I am still looking for a red one but they seem to be hard to come by in good condition. Dee ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang you were busy! It all Looks wonderful, and im loving the hex tile set on a diagonal. use thet pyrex to bake somethign nice and take a break my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, looks great! And what great gifts you got- Megan sure knows your style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your project was a great success! Wanna come over and do my bathroom next? LOL! Nice work & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks absolutely beautiful! I've been trying to convince the Mister to get one of those shower rods after seeing one in a hotel. They are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! Did I read that you removed 50's pink tile? If so have you tossed it or is it still lurking around? I am looking for some replacement tiles for our bath due to cracks.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete