Monday, October 25, 2010

vintage glasses and 78rpm records!

Once again I had no luck this weekend... but my roommate and Megan did! I'm so glad we all keep an eye out for each other when we are at sales.
Since acquiring a 1940's working record player, I have been on the lookout for 78's to play on it. Megan hit a sale this weekend and found a very cool vintage 78 holder with about 50 records in it..... all for a buck!














We've got hours of fun old music to listen to! Megan also found me a Pyrex carafe to add to my collection (also a dollar), and Tommy found a set of 5 vintage drinking glasses....















Thanks kiddos!

8 comments:

  1. Actually those look to be 78 rpm records. If your turntable is from the 40s that's what you should have anyhow. Just make sure you're not using a diamond stylus (needle) meant for 33s (modern vinyl). A steel stylus is what you need for those shellac platters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throw on some records, fill up those glasses and host a cocktail hour! Ya'll've GOT to come drop by in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hours of fun indeed, enjoy them i bought a gorg 60's flower single record box at the weekend its lush. Loving those glasses to.... Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!! I have been exploring 45's lately..someday when the juke is working I'll load it up. My dad got me into records and how glad i am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Barbara and Susie! They sure are 78's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic find for ONE DOLLAR!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now those glasses are beauts!!!! Great find!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete