Monday, October 25, 2010

Craigslist woes....

this is just a quick post to rant. I am selling my old (modern) bedroom furniture to make room for the 50s bedroom set that I want use. So, I posted it on craigslist and a girl called and really wanted the set, we made plans for her to come yesterday at 6pm to get it. She even texted me in the morning to make sure everything was still on schedule. So, I clean all the bedroom furniture, move it out into the kitchen so it will be easier for her friends to move. They NEVER show, and they didn't answer any of my calls. So finally I said screw it and me and Megan go have sushi. Later last night, the girl called at 12:35 AM!!!!! I didn't answer, and the voicemail she left was just people talking in the background. I've had ok luck with craigslist, but this is my first brush with a seemingly irresponsible person. I HATE that someone I don't know now has my number, address and my first name.
ok thanks for listening.

6 comments:

  1. If she calls again, pretend someone else is there with you, and tell 'them' to put your .357 and the pit bulls in the other room lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the same scenario, but always ended up selling whatever it was to someone really nice who appreciated it. And no one has burgled us. Of course we do have two large noisy dogs who sound like they'd be happy to eat Craigslist deadbeats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh brother, I hear ya with craigslist..its totally hit or miss. I just went through 3 different offers to finally make a deal on something I was bartering. People are terrible flakes sometimes..but hopefully the one person that does pull through will be awesome and truly deserve your cool furniture! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you do end up talking with her again tell her you're quite sorry but you've already sold the furniture. You couldn't wait because your Father/Brother/Uncle/, who is quite heavily involved with the Mob, uses your home for "business" and he has a real thing about outsiders hanging around. It had to be that very day while he was out of town, any other time an unannounced guest stands the risk of being beaten or possibly shot! I have a feeling this person would quickly lose your name, phone number and address.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For years I had great luck with craigslist, but it seems like the past 6 months or so, I've had tons of no-shows and totally irresponsible buyers. I've actually wondered if the no-show thing is some new kind of high school prank, like the prank phone calls of my day. My son-in-law tells me I'm paranoid, but I think there may be something to it.

    ReplyDelete