Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Venturing out of the neighborhood

I realized this weekend that my neighborhood isn't the only place in the world that has estate sales. I took friday off from work, and me and a car full of vintage loving friends drove 20 minutes south, into Dallas. Oh my, did you know that the really rich neighborhoods tend of have even nicer vintage things? Well hell who knows what I have been missing out on. Not only did we all find good stuff, we all left happy and I bonded with a couple of guys that were running one of the estate sales. Its nice to have career dealers on your side. One of them may sell me an old Kroehler chair that has been sitting in their garage. Anyways, here are some finds and purchases from this weekend. Thanks Megan for the huge butterfly pyrex casserole!!
















Pyrex starburst with warmer. If you love Pyrex, you know why I'm scared to even touch it
(pretty rare).



















$4 gravel art. I finally have one!
















Pyrex and Douglas glass tea pot
















atomic magazine rack.

12 comments:

  1. I am loving your gravel art picture, and the magazine rack!
    Coolness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith....I guess I don't know pyrex well because I have that first starburst casserole dish with the warmer and I use it ALL the time! hehehe I didn't know it was rare?? Oh well, I'm still gonna use it!

    MaryDeluxe

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, I just got the same magazine rack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your goodies.
    The "Douglas glass tea pot" We have a thrift store nearby and they have one that has been on their shelf for months. Their price $5.00

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who hoo, love the pyrex, and now you are part of the gravel art family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gravel art is tres chic! Anyway that's what I tell myself. That pyrex is great. I haven't really seen that one around. Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you go to J.R.'s Estate sale? I heard someone shot him. Okay okay, I couldn't resist a stupid Dallas Joke. So sue me. LOL! Great stuff all around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh..what neat finds!! I had a similar magazine rack in black metal. Gee, I wonder where it went??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jimminy Christmas that's one swank piece of star-burst Pyrex Daddy-O!! Hmmmm.. wonder if swank and Pyrex have ever been used in the same sentence before?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds, and yes I agree - you can get some great things if you travel a little bit further than usual. Well worth the extra drive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, that pyrex chaffing dish is sublime! I haven't seen the starburst pyrex yet...and I don't consider myself a newbie at collecting. Who is hoarding all of it?

    ReplyDelete