Friday, September 24, 2010

1950s Kroehler furniture


I love Kroehler. Sometimes you can find it at an estate sale for super cheap (I have a 1930's Kroehler char i got for $20 bucks at a garage sale), and sometimes they go for a pretty penny. I have always wanted a chair /sofa set but can never find them. Finally this week at a vintage store I found a set, and after some haggling I grabbed them up! I love this set so much, I love the color, and the little gold flecks throughout the fabric. Im going to rent an upholstery cleaner from the store and clean these up (I can easily cause a plume of dust to come up if I pat my hand on them). So here they are, in the living room ready to be loved. My other vintage furniture that was in here is now in the second living room, which doubles as the vintage dumping ground of things i need to find a place in this house for. That's a whole other blog!
Anyways, hope everyone is doing great!





16 comments:

  1. Love that color! Green is one of my fav, except pink is hard to beat! I love my pink couch and chair that are similar to yours. I wonder what the official name is for that scratchy glittery cloth! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT WAS THE FINAL HAGGLING PRICE?! Its fitting they are green Keith, because im green WITH ENVY! Looks fantstic, and what sort of fire place are ya looking for?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the big flat arms on the pieces. I am trying now to remember a chair we had with arms wide and flat. You could put things on it without spilling, a nice feature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very spiffy! They don't make furniture like that anymore! Good find!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! They look great! I wish I could find something like that around here....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a mauve chair that I got in Oklahoma 15 years ago for about $15.00 - now much worse for wear(what with cats using it as scratch post, etc....) Back in my native NYC for many years I recently inquired as to how much it would cost to reupholster - well over $1,000 and that doesn't include the fabric, so, yes, I am jealous of your find too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Goodness! I was born in 1951 and remember playing on my parents Orange sofa set just like this one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mother worked at kroehlers In Naperville Illinois until it closed. She sewed the zippers in the cushions. I used to visit her at lunches with my father. She loved working there. Watching them make the futniture was awesome. Great people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found a vintage Kroehler chair a few years back for $75 Canadian. Needs new springs and may need to be re-covered, but the shape is beautiful. Did I overpay?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a Kroehler lounging couch I guess you could call it. It has one arm rest that is on an angle and the other end is open. The back only goes about 3/4 the length of the couch. It is green and in EXCELLENT Shape. Manufactured date is 10-29-56. It is FOR SALE!! contact me at Mjam158@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have two Kroehler chairs that are dark mauve with circular seats and a cushioned back. There have fringe-like tassels at the bottom. They are in very good shape but buyer may want to reupholster. Contact teader26@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just bought a pink Kroehler slipper chair at a yard sale for $5, in perfect condition with original fabric. Didn't know much about Kroehler brand until I found this site. It has found its new home in my 'old' bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a Kroehler nightstand that I got from a thrift store years ago, but I don't know how to find the date it was made. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete