Friday, August 13, 2010

unselfish thrifting


This summer I have been on the lookout for pink Pyrex for my friend Megan. Believe it or not I actually found a casserole dish this past weekend at a garage sale for $4. It was in an old box, next to a jar of Peter Pan peanut butter (still had peanutbutter in it), with a 'best by' date of 1985. yuk. Anyways Megan freaked over her Pyrex..... i don't know whats better, finding a vintage treasure for yourself, or finding a vintage treasure you know a friend will love.

9 comments:

  1. You must post on the Pyrex Collective.
    Don't be shy...
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! You did well not to keep it for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pink and I love pyrex. Together..............priceless. Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky Meghan! Indeed.Great find Keith.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's more happiness in giving they say.. and I believe it! When you warm someones heart with giving them something they love, you feel an immeasurable joy! Kudo's to you! That must've been a tough find to pass up!

    ReplyDelete