Monday, August 23, 2010

is it too early to put these up?


another hot day today in north Texas, the rain storms lately are short and furious, blowing over trees and barely watering peoples yards. Days like these make look forward to the coming months filled with week after week of cool weather and reasons to bust out the vintage holiday decorations. I love old holiday stuff. Right now I am admiring some of my newly acquired Halloween decorations. Some of them I bought because we had them when i was a kid. These little dudes will only be locked up for another month before they are put out to add some old Halloween charm in this vintage house of mine. I kind of want to put them up now...

8 comments:

  1. Haha Nope its not to early! On October 23rd is the Lakes Annual Chilli cook off, and that night the Casablanca is hosting a Costume Ball and Drive-In movie! Were already busy gathering things up for decorations this years theme is "Haunted Mansion" Ya got soom cool Dec's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO!It's not too early. I have some of those Halloween pumpkin head men. They're my favorite!
    I'm getting antsy for the Fall too! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want some funky Halloween stuff. I bet if I start looking on eBay the prices will be skyhigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, whatever a guys got to do! WOW, those bring back memories.......
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you... Hot days make me wish it were Fall. Put them up now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put them up now. Maybe it will add to the collective consciousness that's already in consensus about WANTING COOLER WEATHER STAT! Sorry, I get excited about stuff like fall...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's never too early for Halloween decorations! I'd like to think it'll speed up autumn and the nice cold weather. :)
    All the best!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's never too early for vintage holiday deco's. It's fun to look forward to stuff, besides most of the joy of the holidays comes from the prep. Halloween is one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete