Saturday, July 31, 2010

WHAT A DAY!!!!!










WOW what a day! Megan came over at 8 oclock this morning, and her myself and my roommate hit the garage sales. We managed to find another Cosco cart, Cosco stool, vintage chip and dip set, Fireking mugs, 40's napkins, tablecloths and s&p shakers, 1910's postcards and the list goes on. Take a look at the pics. After garage sailing, Megan and I spent the afternoon restoring her new Cosco tray and I restored one of mine thats been sitting in the garage. We also cleaned up her Cosco stool. I turned my cart yellow, and she restored hers to pink. Befor and after pics are shown. What a great day! To celebrate, Megan is now cooking us up some good old fashioned cheeseburgers and fries. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

12 comments:

  1. Blimey where on earth do you live? I need to get a ticket and fly over there NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I have that chip & dip too! It's one of my favorites. Mow if you will just send me that darling deer planter ...... Seriously though, you did GREAT!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!I think you should change your name to Dr. Cosco, for your life saving Cosco techniques :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - those restorations are completely freaking fabulous!! LOVE your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds Keith! Love that chips and dip set. Bambi's cute too! Is that a picture or a tray with the kids? Or both?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Amazing! The trays look great after - I especially like the pink ;]
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog today, and I must say I absolutely love it!!! I love looking and collecting vintage things. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love the before & after pics. Especially the change in daylight from start to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Look at this funky blog. In another life, let's get married!
    Erin
    P.S. I'll add your link to the Pyrex Collective

    ReplyDelete
  10. What paint did you use to restore your carts? I adore that chip and dip. I collect teal in my vintage dishes and I had a lovely pink chip and dip, but sold it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keith, I just realized that we may have the exact yellow cart. Check out my Back From Ottawa and A La Carte post from the other day.
    Erin
    P.S. You've gotta post some of your Pyrex pics on the Pyrex Collective!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Beautiful stuff! I have a pink chip bowl like that, but no dip bowl. Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete