Sunday, July 11, 2010

A rainy weekend in north Texas


Not much of a garage sale weekend, it rained a TON here. Probably for the best, we needed the rain and I need to save money. So this weekend I was able to sell my original fridge on Craigslist, it made up for most of what I spent on the 50s replica fridge. I did manage to spend 5 bucks at the only garage sale I ran in to. there was an old VM record player with a built in clock. The clock works, but the player doesn't. I thought it would look good on a shelf. One of these days I hope to find an old player that really does work, i have some old records I would love to play!

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of that! Never seen one before! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is broken on the record player? Maybe it could be repaired, there are still places with old guys that know how to fix old electronics. It may be worth it. Also, I looked at your pics for the decals. Its do-able for sure, I'll get back to you on that really soon! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete