Sunday, June 6, 2010

Virtue Brothers stool and other fun finds


It was so HOT this weekend, I was surprised there were any garage sales at all. I managed to find quite a few, and I am not sure why I went because I am trying to slow down my vintage spending. I talked myself out of buying quite a few things, but did end up spending ten bucks. Not bad. I first grabbed a vintage kindling holder. Why would I need this if I don't have a fireplace in my house? For magazines or rolled up towels in the guest bathroom of course! I also got some vintage fondue forks. Why would I buy these if I haven't eaten fondue in 10 years? So I can have a vintage fondue party with my weekend posse! (Megan, lets search for some recipes). Finally I grabbed a Virtue Brothers stool that was in great shape. It wasn't even for sale, but when someone has a garage sale in their driveway I tend to get nosey and peek in their garage to see what else may be available for the right price. I spotted this stool and asked the owner if he wanted it, and he said "I thought about selling it but didn't think anyone wanted something that old and ugly". hehe little does he know...

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. "Old and ugly" tee hee is right!

    I would have stood there and agreed with them: "Yes, it's so very old and ugly... I *guess* I can use it at my garage work bench... How about $2?" lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun finds! I love that stool!

    I used that same line of bargaining that 1950's atomic ranch house mentioned when I looked at a house last week. It was all original 1975, and I loved the house (there were a few things to fix) but it was way overpriced. I could build that house brand new for less money. I flat out told them that all the flooring needed to be replaced (which it did) the *awful* dated paneling needed to be removed (which I loved), the avocado green countertops had to be replaced on the built-ins in the living room (it was all so cool), and that the wallpaper in the whole house needed to be stripped (it was original and pretty neat as well). Anyway, it was part of an estate, and they wouldn't budge on the price, which is fine, I don't really need to move, just always like the house. I did wish them good luck, as much larger, newer homes in locations just as nice in my town are selling for thousands less. I guess it will be on the market for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those fondue forks will look perfect for a romantic dinner date. Seriously, those are good. I can already imagine a hot pot of melted cheese or chocolate (sounds more romantic) and big strawberries, plus a good bottle of wine. Or you can have a seafood fiesta and have broth fondue with shrimps, fish, or calamares. Personally, I really enjoy oil fondue with beef strips, bean sprouts, and other veggies. Whatever fondue recipes you decide to have I'm pretty sure that its' going to be a great night! lol!

    ReplyDelete