Wednesday, June 23, 2010

vintage kitchen restore... DONE!







this weekend i had the parquet floor in the kitchen/breakfast room professionally redone. The rest of the room (woodwork/molding/painting/de-popcorning the ceiling) was done by myself. I even spend a day re-texturing the ceiling with vintage swirly circles that are common in my neck of the woods in old homes. I tried to take a picture to show the ceiling swirls. In fact I tried to take an 'after' picture of the room, but you will notice its dark. So why would I take a picture of a room I am so proud of without the lights on? Well, the day after the project was officially done, i turned the kitchen lights on... and then ...pop pop pop.... the lights in half of the house go out, and so does the air conditioning. Circuit breaker is fine. Long story short, 3 new circuit lines have to be wired in the attic and walls this weekend. The AC, kitchen, dining room, fridge, and courtyard were all on the same circuit... BIG no no. Gotta love old-fashioned wiring jobs. Anyways during the day everything is beautiful, and i have the AC hooked up to an extension cord (very ghetto). Happy hump day! I'll post some decent redo pictures when the lights are back on.

11 comments:

  1. OoHh it's GORGEOUS, Makes me wanna become your roomate. I will bring my Boxer and we can all have tea and cake parties! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! Love the colors! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the built in places you have to display your things...to bad they don't build homes like that anymore!

    MaryDeluxe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! What a wonderful job. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fan-flippin-tastic. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats it looks awesome! I love that you added color behind the shelves in the built-in. It totally makes the white shelves pop and acts as a great accent against the lighter room color and everything in it!

    And I know, old wiring can definitely be a little interesting...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm new here but already know I will 'enjoy this ride'. I love Pyrex too plus lots of other stuff.I do 'Retro Saturday' on my blog....you may find it interesting and I am certainly open to suggestions and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! How I wish I could also do that, if only I have spare time LOL :D So, what are the major redecorations that you have done? Maybe you can post the before and after? That is if you have an old picture of your kitchen before redecorating..

    ReplyDelete
  9. EDIT ** By the way, I forgot to mention, approximately, how much have you spent on this? I hope you don't mind me asking..

    ReplyDelete