Saturday, May 1, 2010

What a day! More rolling trays and a tv lamp!


I went to an estate sale first thing this morning, and without a doubt I got there before any dealers or other vintage lovers showed up. When i walked into a bedroom the first thing that caught my eye was a Kron siamese cat tv lamp sitting on a table in the corner. I quietly said "oh s**t", calmly walked over to it, saw a $1 price tag on it (i think i said another bad word), and quietly left the room. I felt like i had found a stack of 100 dollar bills and I didn't want anyone to try to snatch it out of my hands. I then walked into the kitchen and right in front of me was another Cosco rolling tray (I blogged a few months ago about the first one i found and restored). I thought I was going to freak out. Also in the kitchen was this cool paper towel/tin foil/ wax paper roll holder. It was rusty but that's not a problem. Also found a large serving dish that matches my dish set. By this time my roommate showed up to the estate sale and heard him say 'hey Keith', from that first bedroom I was in. I walked in there and he goes 'why didn't you take this one?', and I looked down and there was ANOTHER COSCO ROLLING TRAY. I then passed out. Just kidding. Me and my roommate have our work cutout for us restoring the old rolling trays, but that is seriously fun to do. I got started today restoring the paper towel/tin foil roll holder, so don't let its decay fool you. Take a look below. What a great day!!!!!





7 comments:

  1. Love the cart! Is that a "starburst" on it? That platter reminds me of my husband's grandma because she gave us a set of Corelle living wear like that in the early '70's! But the Kron Cat! Wow! I have a friend that collects those. Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  2. colour me jealous! I adore that tv lamp. seriously. what a great sale for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I lived where you do--the estate sale I went to on Friday was packed well before the advertised starting time and I had to stand in line for an HOUR to pay for my stuff! A buck for that TV lamp? I would've passed out cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen those lamps at "THRIFT"stores for about $200! I hate it when a thrift store knows what its got, it aint thrifty anymore! You did good, real damn good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, $1!!!!!! That's the greatest!
    Yeah, like Amber Von Felts said!
    I work at Goodwill and they now have this online ebayish site "shopgoodwill" so they send all the good stuff there. It's really sad. I've seen about three tv lamps go from my store [to shopgoodwill]. One like yours, an owl and a panther. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awsome! Cursing about finds is totally justifiable... (remeber when I found my coffee table I shave a Nun - A WOMAN OF THE LORD- out of the way to get it haha and its was only a $1 to :)

    ReplyDelete