Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Vintage glider


Just like with the formica dinette, when it came to a vintage glider I am glad I did not rush out and buy a replica. I've really wanted one of these for a while now, and they haven't turned up at any garage or estate sales. So, I once again turned to Craigslist and posted a 'wanted' ad. A few days later I got a response for a double glider for $35. My roommate and I had to drive 45 miles on Sunday to get it, and the place looked like a meth house, but it was well worth it! I'm now just trying to decide what color it should be..... I think its time to venture away from Jadeite and Turquoise. I think I am actually going to restore this to its original color, yellow. I'm off work for the next 5 days, and I hope to de-rust the formica dinette chrome, and get to work on this bad boy. I hope to have some 'after' pictures to post soon!!

5 comments:

  1. Meth house score ha ha what a great deal!!

    I too was tempted by a repro glider, but I am holding off as well. Yours is amazing!

    And I will be de-rusting the chrome on my kitchen dinette when I get the chance.

    Maybe we can compare notes. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too need to derust my dinette set but now it's too bloody hot to do anything outside. My in-laws have a 3-seater glider that they actually painted dark & light brown to match their house. NOT a good idea. Every time we go visit I look longingly at the glider but his mom is on to me and told me the last time we were there that "you'll get this stuff when I'm dead." She actually said it in a nice way, but still . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems you have all the luck =p
    Lovely glider can't wait to see it after it's makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah! Tweekers are a great resource for junk, I got a moped from a tweeker that had left it behind when he went to jail! Your roommate must be really obliging! My roommate is tolerant of my collecting but would rarely assist it! Great score!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, my mama has been wanting one of these, or even just the chairs, would love to find them for her...I should try the craigslist way!!

    ReplyDelete