Monday, May 3, 2010

retro redo - paper towel/ tin foil holder

So this weekend i got this cool vintage aluminum foil / paper towel/ wax paper holder at an estate sale for like 75 cents. It was nasty, but I saw potential. When i got it home i got to work stripping it, cleaning it, and giving it a fresh coat of paint. I even (i tried my best) got the lettering highlighted in white paint. THAT was a pain. But now it looks great in the kitchen, and holds all my tin foil and plastic wrap! so much more to restore... so little time....
I reeealy wish i could find more 'retro' spray paint colors, but the best i can find is this turqoise and a muted yellow. Anyone know of any great retro spray paint colors out there please let me know. My local hardware stores pretty much just have the basics.






6 comments:

  1. Very nice, red is always a classic color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lightning turn around! I wish I refinished stuff as quick as you. I got a bathroom cabinet in similar shape but its been 3 weekends ago and still no refurb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy that turned out NICE! You did a really good job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, I like the colors, it's great to revive something that would have been tossed by most people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've just about inspired me to hit a vintage bathroom cabinet that's been sitting on my porch for about a year now. And as soon as my husband gets home he's gonna start on it, ha ha. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it! And what a sweet deal. The one I found at Goodwill was $3. Love your color. I agree there's not much out there in the retro spray paint colors. We looked high and low. And actually found Wal-Mart to have the best in retro colors. Here is the link to my wax/foil/paper towel holder.

    http://maryslittlecorneroftheworld.blogspot.com/2010/04/vintage-kitchen-goodies.html

    ReplyDelete