Sunday, May 23, 2010

Out with the new, in with the old!

This has been the busiest and craziest week and weekend ever. Its been super busy at work, and this weekend we had a garage sale (or should I say a mid-century carport sale). I have cleared my house of 95% of its "modern" decorations that I have had since i graduated from college. The "new" stuff went on sale at my garage sale this weekend, and stuff sold like hot cakes. I think I will have another one this fall. Garage sales suck to run. Its was hot, humid and people love to haggle (YEP, I got a taste of my own medicine). Someone even tried to switch price tags on items... can you believe that????? Anyways I am very thankful for the much talked about Megan, and my roommates brother for helping. So, now that this new stuff is out of the way, I have room for the wonderful old things that I have recently got that I had no room for. Friday I picked up this 3 bulb lamp. I wish it had a manufacturer marking on it. I need to get my hands on some sputnik bulbs for the two sockets the current hold xmas lights.
Also got this 40's dish set with the coolest garden patter on it. I don't need to use the plates for anything other than display, so I gave half of them to Megan so she could enjoy them as well.... And another beautiful Pyrex carafe/warmer came my way thanks to Megan's thrifting skills. I'm dead tired from this weekend... hope everyone is great!!!

8 comments:

  1. Very Nice! You sold stuff and IM wanting to buy more lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about gettin' rid of the new and bringin' in the old! LOVE that lamp by the way!
    ~Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh love the lamp! Looks like Continental Art co. or Majestic-Majestic style, but I'm sure there were similar manufacturers back then.

    One day I will have a lamp like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great stuff! I like it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! If you don't mind me asking, where'd you get the Xmas bulbs? They're getting so hard to find these past couple years with the LED stuff taking over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon- they have been sitting in a drawer for yeeeears. I wish i could find the sputnik bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last yard sale we had someone opened a previously un-open pack of nail files and took (stole)one out of the pack. Seriously, that would have cost a frikkin nickel for the pack....why not just buy them?! People are so weird sometimes.

    ReplyDelete