Sunday, May 30, 2010

Here I go again...

I did not want to spend money this weekend. $200 later I bought a 'few' things. There are some weekends where I walk away empty handed, and there are weekends like this one where there were treasures at every garage sale. These are times where I tell myself that I won't ever find these things again, so I better get them. For starters, I found some Frankoma pottery. I didn't know what this was, but I knew it was cool. Also found some matching salt and peppers shakers for my Blue Heaven china set. The best find of all was a buffet with two matching end tables. VERY danish modern, and really look good in the living room. I don't regret anything I got this weekend, well maybe this vintage WESTCLOX wind up clock that I really don't need. the buffet and end tables are so cool, and are in great shape. Take a look. I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

10 comments:

  1. You found some great stuff! This must have been the weekend for great finds, I was successful as well!

    I love that buffet and end tables! The great thing about those old buffets now is that with the new style of flat panel televisions, you can use them for your TV console!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Money well spent!

    Have you done a photo tour of your house yet? I'd LOVE to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed Money well spent! LOVE the side bar and end tables Most def worth the $200.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well worth it! The details on the cabinets and tables are awesome! Ya did good! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive.
    I really like those green nested measuring spoons (if that's what they are) - they've got a brilliant shape to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's not fair--you already have more Blue Heaven than anyone and now you find the S&P and I'll bet for cheap, too. Waaaah. Incredibly beautiful Frankoma, too. And I don't believe for a single minute that you EVER leave empty-handed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog and love it! There's a whole set of Blue Heaven in a consignment shop here that I've been thinking about buying, a service for 8 with every serving piece made, for $139. I guess I have to break down and go get it.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good work! It looks like all the deals this past Holiday Weekend were in your corner of the map! I was the one walking away empty handed this time, but its just as well. I got a lot of other stuff done instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very nice finds! From the looks of it, your place is just begging for a photo tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Know what you mean about not wanting to spend so much in an 'outing'.....but I do too. And enjoy every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete