Monday, May 17, 2010

FINALLY! My own little formica dinette


Last week I was supposed to buy a formica dinette from a co-worker that is moving out of the country. Unfortunately that didn't work out... the formica was in pretty bad shape. So, me and my roommate headed over to Craigslist. Ideally I would have loved a turquoise dinette.... you know the ones that have the silouette of a steaming tea pot in the formica. Well those cost a pretty penny, and until I stumble across an under priced one at a garage sale, I found the next best thing! Formica dinettes are a lot cheaper of you buy the table and chairs separately, so we got the table from one person, and a set of 5 turquoise chairs from another. The cracked ice formica is in GREAT shape. the chairs are also in great shape, other than the chrome needs to be de-rusted (not hard to do). Take a look at the pictures, I have an extra chair floating around the table, but it adds to the breakfast room. The chrome isn't done yet on the table or chairs, so please excuse that. And PLEASE excuse the floor, after years of work I am almost done with the kitchen/breakfast room, but I have not restored the floors in it yet. Floor is a TOTAL embarrassment, but I absolutely LOVE MY PIECED TOGETHER DINETTE!

9 comments:

  1. Yea Keith! Awesome set! My chairs aren't in that good of shape, so ya did great! Sorry I didn't get the pix posted, but I had a basement flood to deal with. Anyway, you got a cute one!! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I love it great finds. Say hello to the boxer for me. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want that dinette set. Who wouldn't? I swear, once we buy a house, that is first on my search list. Awesome find! Great idea buying the chairs and table separately. I will have to remember that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Congrats!! And haha I didn't even notice anything with the chrome or floors- it all looks good! Getting 'em from different sellers is a good idea- I've done it in the past and it saves a ton of money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again you find something awesome. Love that turquoise! I also need to de-rust the chrome on my dinette--I should've done it before and now it's so freaking HOT. Plus the bird who lives in the garage "bombs" everything--I did cover the table but my husband keeps moving things around due to the fact that he has this crazy idea that the garage is supposed to be used for something more than storing furniture . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I'm jealous of all of you who can find this stuff on Craigslist. The one for my area SUCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Job! I have the same table! I'm still hunting for the right chairs though. My stoopid cats like to claw the vinyl so I don't want nice ones just yet. I may have to wait a while for my cat's to learn some manners... *Staring at fat cat sitting on the formica table right now* ...Could be a long wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love it! Beautiful!

    And hells bells why didn't you tell me your blog was not in my blogroll? grrr lol... Adding it now...

    I'm with you Barbara, I never find good stuff for cheap, I have to pay greedbay prices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, that is a BEAUTY! congrats on your new addition :)

    ReplyDelete