Thursday, April 29, 2010

the worst part of living in an old neighborhood


Well it happens every year, as soon as it gets warm. These critters appear on and around my house, and all I can do is put them in a cup and stick em in my neighbors yard. My neighbor who has lived here since the 50s says they've always been in this neighborhood, probably because there hasn't been any construction in this area for years and they just settled here. By the way the neighbor told me to put them in his yard when i find them :). I know tarantulas are harmless and help control bugs, but I just cant stand to see them. Ugh. Heebeejeebees for the next hour.

7 comments:

  1. I know, they are EVERYWHERE out around the lake... needless to say they are the reason I will lay on a glider bench to watch a movie and NOT THE GROUND!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... I am so glad we DONT get them here! Eep! I would probably faint. We have huntsmans and they freak me out enough as it is...They can be huge, but that tarantula is pretty stocky...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate spiders..when they are close to me. From a distance, they are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a real tarantula? Where do you live? I've never seen one in the wild. We have these things called Potato bugs here in California. They look like a hornet & an Ant did the nasty in a puddle of radioactive goo. Go to www.potatobugs.com you will never sleep again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god! If I saw that, I'd move out of my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber- i love just north of Dallas. Makes it kind of creepy to sit outside when its dark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH YIKES! I only see those at the pet stores here in Canada. If that was on my house I would run inside sit on the living room carpet, and rock back and forth till the men in white coats came to take me away! LOL

    ReplyDelete