Friday, April 30, 2010

Westbend cake carrier - today's fun find


Not once have I ever looked for a cake carrier. Where the heck would a carry a cake to? Hell, I've never baked a real cake. BUT NOW, i have a mixer! And I do believe that the vintage spirits were telling me something by putting this old Westbend cake carrier in front of me at the thrift store one week after i buy a mixer. It was 4 bucks. So I asked myself - do I really need this? No, but do i need half of the vintage things i buy? I can re-purpose it into a bread box. Sold! So, my new little cake carrier may say 'Cake' on it, but inside you will find home made bread and biscuits whipped together via my new mixer. Life is good :)

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute, and in GREAT shape! It justs says HOME! And, ya know what Pillsbury said? "Nothin' says lovin' like something from the oven, and Pillsbury says it best!" Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Now if you ever go to a potluck or picnic you can say you will bring the cake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I have never seen a vintage cake carrier before! That brand Westbend makes really nice brushed aluminum stuff. I have some canisters made by them! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i found one of these at an estate sale too!!!! for $1 & i have yet to use it, but i'm so excited

    ReplyDelete