Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I cheated!


OK the mixer dilemma is finally over. I got my money back from the ebay fiasco and decided something like a mixer is too high of a risk to get via mail. So, I cheated and didn't get a vintage one. I went to Target, applied for a charge card so I would get 10% off, and I bought a new Kitchenaid Classic. It works, nothing is broken, the power cord isn't cracked and best of all I can return it if something goes wrong. I had to do it. It has a classic look and I love it. I would have loved go get it in yellow or another vintagey color, but they cost WAY more. I love this mixer, I've used it every day!

Ok no more big spending... back to the garage sales...

6 comments:

  1. That's ok! Those are really cool and work great! They just have that retro look! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha Stewart has a beautiful Jadite Kitchenaid, sadly I think that was a limited edition. Maybe at a yard sale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very NICE I am super jelous =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It will be vintage 'someday' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My roomie has one, its red. Those things kick A**. They do look classic and really work well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realise they sold new mixers that look old style. I'm definitely going to keep my eye out - not that I have anywhere to put a large mixer, mind.

    ReplyDelete