Monday, April 19, 2010

Ebay... the saga continues....







I guess there is a first for everything and this is awful! The mixer I ordered came in today... or should I say what used to be a mixer arrived today. The mixer's parts were rapped in bubble rap, and put into a box with nothing in between the parts to stop them from shifting and moving around. So I open the box and find the juicer cracked, and the handle and power switch completely broken off and in pieces. Little metal parts were at the bottom of the box, not sure which broken piece they go to. The body of the mixer itself was also terribly scraped from some sort of contact (was not like this in seller's picture). I emailed the seller and asked what they were going to do now. I am going to wait to see what they say before I file a claim or leave bad feedback. I am mortified.
Oh yeah, this was the seller that asked for more shipping money after the auction ended... we agreed on each paying 1/2 of the extra shipping. I should have taken a refund.

Hope everyone else had a better Monday!!!

6 comments:

  1. DAMN IT that is B.S. Keith I hope you get your money back, and if you dont Id take it up with Ebay. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND just sends that off with no padding. UGH that makes me mad for you! AND THE WORST PART IS THAT ITS ALL BROKEN...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really cut back on buying on eBay for just that reason. 2 antique radios just stuck in a box with no padding = a broken mess. I've decided that I'll just keep an eye out for what I want around here and forget the headache. I only buy if there is no way that something can get broken (old paper products, etc.). Good luck clearing this mess up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just don't get how these sellers can possibly think that that sort of crappy service will fly. Do they not understand that they will be forced to refund, or do they thing the post office will be forced to do it? You stand up for yourself on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! You really have had a run of bad Ebay luck. Sorry! This last deal is just Totally Unacceptable. Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, who did you piss off in another life, dude? This vendor should be banned for life from eBay if he doesn't give you a full refund immediately! Things do get broken, we all know that--I have received things that were wrapped incredibly well but the post office still managed to destroy them--but the vendors always worked with me to everyone's satisfaction. Hopefully this will work out for you, as well, but this seller should just be ashamed of himself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the kind of thing that stops me ordering (certain things) from eBay.
    Hope you can get it sorted.

    ReplyDelete