Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reeealy good estate sale











Its been a busy week, haven't had much time to do anything but work. I haven't had much time for garage sailing or thrifting either, but it just so happened there was an estate sale down the street from my house last weekend. Ever been to an estate sale that has so much stuff that you keep going back to see if you missed anything? And you keep going back to buy things? Thats what happened to me, this place had some great stuff, and the people had everything priced to sell. I finally filled up this 3rd bedroom I have with some beautiful old furniture. I was able to score a bed/headboard/footboard, two night stands, dresser, chest of drawers, two lamps, two chalkware figures and an old suitcase for $170. Fills the whole dang room up. I don't completely care for the lamps, but the seller wanted to get rid of them so she threw them in. I am so pleased with the whole thing. The furniture is late 50s (or thats at least what the lady told me that grew up in the house), and its in good shape. I finally have the guest room setup, except for replacing the floor trim, but hey thats for later. Best $170 I ever spent!

1 comment: